The Education Committee of the Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce works to enhance the educational experience of local learners by linking academics, businesses, and community groups to promote real world learning, support partnerships, and encourage and celebrate educational excellence.
One of the signature educational programs of the Chamber is Chamber Scholars, an annual scholarship funded entirely through member support that is awarded to stand-out graduating seniors from any high school located in Bolivar County. Requirements for the Chamber Scholars program are outlined below. The Chamber begins taking applications in March, and follows up the awards review process with an honorary reception the first week of May. For more information about Chamber Scholars or to donate to the Chamber Scholars fund, contact our offices at 662-843-2712.
Please have all documents prepared for upload on your computer prior to beginning the application. You will not be able to save your progress and then return to your application. All documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. BOTH the Google Form and supporting documenation are required for the application.
SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE POLICY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Student must be enrolled in one of the following accredited high schools in Bolivar County:
Cleveland Central High School
Northside High School
West Bolivar High School
2. The child of an employee of the Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce is not eligible to apply.
3. Each high school in the district represented by valid applications will have a minimum of one scholarship awarded.
4. Each student applying must meet all the requirements as established by the scholarship committee.
CHAMBER SCHOLARS PROGRAM CRITERIA
The following is a list of the criteria for the Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Award.
1. A minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 system.
2. A minimum score of 18 on the ACT OR a minimum score of 860 on the SAT
The student will have to email the following information to email@example.com in order to complete the application:
1. A copy of their high school transcript
2. A copy of their ACT/SAT score
3. Two (2) character reference letters from NON-relatives.
One of your references must include a high school teacher and the other must be someone who is not in the teaching profession. These references must have known you for at least two years and their letters should state that fact.
4. A copy of a resume, listing involvement in clubs, teams, extracurricular organizations, leadership roles, academic or employment achievements, or other details that would boost the application
5. OPTIONAL - Any additional test scores or supplementary documentation (ASVAB scores, news paper articles, etc.) that could enhance the student's application
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2023 CHAMBER SCHOLARS APPLICATION.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2023.
Access the judge's scoring form here for reference.
If you have any questions about the application process call the Chamber of Commerce at 662-843-2712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.