Job Opening - Controller
Send questions, resume and cover letter to apply@ClevelandMSChamber.com by January 15, 2023. Please no phone calls
CEO of Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce
Overview of Position:
Controller will be responsible for helping the CEO manage the organization and financial transactions. This position will also serve as facilities maintenance manager and responsible for the execution of contracts and grants.
Controller manages the financial activities of multiple entities; is responsible for accounts receivables/payables, deposit preparation, audit preparation and reports, managing cash and reporting to boards/committees. Additional responsibilities include payroll management, employee benefits and onboarding of new employees. This position will assist the CEO with annual budget preparation.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and accounting processes.
- Handle general ledger and major account reconciliations along with managing journal entry postings.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports and specific financial reports as requested in Quickbooks.
- Receive payments through a credit card payment processing system and manage all transactions.
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner.
- Receive and deposit all organizational revenue.
- Execute payroll activities using a 3rd party payroll service provider.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Coordinate with outside CPA and auditors in preparation of year-end audit.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Manage the invoicing of membership dues and sponsorships through customer relationship management software.
- Track and properly record expenses for grants, state and federal funds.
- File quarterly and yearly payroll and withholding taxes to state and federal agencies.
- Oversee the service contracts for the organization such as IT, cleaning, insurance, building maintenance/repairs.
- Bid out all services of the organization and negotiate contracts.
- Oversee the maintenance of the building and all equipment for the organization.
- Manage employee benefits and personnel information.
- Willingness to perform administrative responsibilities to execute the mission of the organization.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems; Quickbooks required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to manage large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices and standards.
- Skilled in planning, organizing and executing projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Bachelor’s degree and/or three years of experience in accounting, finance, business or similar field. Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Will be determined based on qualifications and experience.