Job Opening - Director of Chamber Services
Send questions, resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please no phone calls.
Director of Chamber Services
CEO of Cleveland-Bolivar County Chamber of Commerce
Overview of Position:
The Director of Chamber Services will be responsible for helping the CEO manage the organization's chamber membership and services to members.
Responsible for the day to day management of Chamber of Commerce membership and activities of the organization. Accountable for attracting new members to the organization and increasing member engagement to increase member retention. This position will oversee the membership recruitment and retention efforts and will be responsible for managing the membership committee and ambassador programs. Director of Chamber Services is responsible for scheduling and executing ribbon cuttings and any event to benefit members of the organization.
- Obtain expertise in GrowthZone to manage memberships, run reports, track payments, promote events, update website, etc.
- Recruit and retain members to the Chamber of Commerce.
- Coordinate meetings and communication with the Chamber of Commerce board, assigned committees and volunteers.
- Execute all membership events within budget and timeline such as but not limited to ribbon cuttings, annual banquet, networking events, chamber programming for members, etc.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with key members and stakeholders of the community.
- Implement innovative opportunities for programming and promotions to increase revenue and develop strong relationships with the membership base.
- Develop value added benefits and resources to the membership.
- Design marketing materials for all events and communications for the Chamber within brand guidelines.
- Develop strategy for marketing and managing the brand for all social media channels for the Chamber.
- Update and manage website and all digital platforms including public calendars, social media, etc.
- Manage and recruit volunteers to assist in execution of programs.
- Design and coordinate the delivery of monthly newsletter and email blasts to members on all activities at the Chamber.
- Track and design metrics to measure the retention of membership, membership participation in events, increase in dues and sponsorships and engagement through social media, email blasts, etc.
- Create brief, clear, and concise spreadsheets, reports and presentations to deliver to stakeholders, boards, and other partners.
- Build strong and productive relationships with appropriate public agencies at the local and state level and with organizations such as Mississippi Economic Council, Mississippi Economic Development Council, etc.
- Other duties as assigned aimed at aiding in the communication, branding, marketing and event planning efforts geared toward the advancement of membership and the organization's mission.
- Detailed oriented.
- Skilled in planning, organizing and executing projects and events.
- Strong computer skills in spreadsheets and cloud based web applications, social media outlets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
Must be a resident of Bolivar County within six months of employment.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- After hours and weekend work will be required.
Bachelor’s degree and/or three years of experience in economic/community development, public administration, marketing/public relations, general business or similar field . Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Will be determined based on qualifications and experience.